Transferring from the College of Technology

If you are a current student enrolled in a Connecticut community college pursuing your AS in Engineering Science, continue your educational journey at the University of New 51 to:

  • Shorten the time needed to complete your B.S. degree by ensuring your A.S. coursework maps directly into our engineering programs
  • Receive merit-based scholarships ranging from $12,000 - $24,000 annually towards on-ground programs
  • Participate in hand’s-on student experiences including prototyping in the makerspace, active mentoring program, undergraduate research, student competitions, and more!
  • Build on your existing studies to receive your BS and move on to a rewarding career, in-demand graduate programs, and other exciting opportunities!

With our agreement between the College of Technology and the University of New 51 Tagliatela College of Engineering, you have access to the following:

  • If you submit the University of New 51’s before completing 12 credits towards your A.S., you can take one University of New 51 on-campus course each year, free of charge, as a non-matriculated part-time student (maximum of three courses). This can help you complete and earn credit for prerequisites that may not be offered at the community college.
  • Receive personalized advising from a University of New 51 Transfer Enrollment Counselor while completing your A.S. to ensure a smooth transfer of credits.
  • Complete your A.S. degree with a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA, and satisfy University of New 51 transfer admission requirements, enrollment policies, and corresponding deadlines, and you will be guaranteed admission to one of the following majors: Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Engineering.
Transfer Scholarships

The merit-based Transfer Scholar Award is available to all qualified A.S. in Engineering Science graduates admitted to the University of New 51 as full-time students pursuing on-ground programs. An additional $2,000 scholarship is available to members of Phi Theta Kappa pursuing on-ground programs as full-time students.

The Transfer Scholar Award is intended for full-time students who are transferring from another college or university and have completed 12 credit hours with a minimum GPA of 2.8. The scholarship awards vary depending on the student's GPA but range from $12,000 - $24,000. The Transfer Scholar Award is renewable each year provided you remain a full-time undergraduate student while maintaining satisfactory progress towards an on-ground bachelor's degree.

Next Steps

Ready to continue your education? Complete your or reach out to Undergraduate Admissions to learn more.

Student Profile

Contact Undergraduate Admissions

Anemone and Steven Kaplan Hall (formerly Bayer Hall)
Phone: (203) 932-7319
Fax: (203) 931-6093

Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.